Hall & Thompson has a 50-year track record of acting for clients who are buying or selling commercial Freehold property or businesses including Leasehold and Goodwill.
We have expertise and experience acting for clients who have either acquired or sold retail shops, hospitality freeholds, vacant land and farms or are looking to purchase or divest in businesses ranging from cafés, restaurants, hotels, pubs, nightclubs, gaming venues, retail shops and childcare centres.
Hall & Thompson can help guide you through complicated property or business transactions, minimising stress and reducing legal and financial risks.
We offer the following services:
• General advice on letters of offer, expressions of interest and entering into Heads of Agreement
• Negotiating on your behalf with the other party’s lawyer
• Advice on Contract of Sale and Vendor Statement
• Advice on Lease and Disclosure Statement
• Liaising with regulatory bodies, including the Local Authority, VCGLR, Department of Education and Training etc.
• Liaising with your financier and selling agent
• Conducting legal due diligence on the Freehold land or business
• Lodging or removing caveats and mortgages
• Attending to settlement of the transaction